Policies for Study Room Usage (QEII Library)
Study Rooms are Available to MUN Students Only
There are 28 Group and 34 Individual Study Rooms located in the QEII Library. Use is restricted to MUN students. Individual study rooms are located on the 4th and 5th floors. The Group study rooms are located on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors.
All other study rooms in the library are allocated per semester to "Honours Dissertation and Graduate" students.
All other rooms in the library are allocated per semester to "Honours Dissertation and Graduate" students.
- All Study rooms are available for use during open building hours.
- Students must present a valid updated MUN Campus Card to sign out or place a hold on a study room.
- A minimum of two patrons must occupy a Group study room. Two patrons must be at the Circulation Desk to either sign out or place a hold on a Group study room.
- Your MUN Campus Card will be kept at the Circulation Desk while you use a study room. You must return to the Circulation Desk when you finish with the study room and your Campus Card will be returned to you at that time.
- All study rooms are signed out on a first come first served basis. When all study rooms are in use, patrons can request that staff place a hold for them on the next available study room only. Patrons must return to the Circulation Desk, at the appropriate time, to sign out the study room on hold for them.
- Study rooms with holds placed on them will be held for 10 minutes after the hold time has expired.
- Personal belongings are the student's responsibility.
- Study rooms are signed out for a maximum of three hours.
- Study rooms may be renewed if there are three or more rooms available.
- Study rooms left vacant for 20 minutes or longer will be re-assigned. Personal belongings left in the study rooms unattended will be taken to the Circulation Desk and may be claimed upon presentation of proper identification.
- Campus Enforcement Officers are continuously checking the status of the rooms.
- Eating and drinking: see Library Food Policy.
- Furniture must not be removed or brought in to the Library
- The Library's policy on "Confidentiality" prevents staff from informing other patrons of the identity of the patrons who have signed out rooms.
Single study rooms are located in quiet areas and noise must be kept to a minimum.
Noise in Group Study Rooms must be kept to a level which does not disturb patrons in adjacent areas.
If a problem occurs, the student(s) will be asked to leave.
Queen Elizabeth II Library
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador Canada A1B 3Y1
Phone:Contact Us Fax: 709-864-2153