Government Information - European Union
| News & Press Releases | Economic Issues
| Parliament | Legislation | Catalogues and Indexes |  Statistics
Good place to start....
Europa, European Union's Official Web Site.
Provides information on:
- EU activities, e.g. agriculture, trade, public health, etc.;
EU documents & publications & statistics;
links to EU Parliament, Commission, Council, and other EU bodies;
links to homepages of Commission Delegations around the world:
To learn about the.... European constitutional process
- European Union
- This comprehensive gateway from the
University of California Berkeley Library allows access to the
EU and its institutions, official documents and periodicals,
topical servers and sites about the EU.
Documentation Centre, Mannheim
- English language site that offers a subject approach to EU web resources. There
are links to contact organizations, publications (green and white papers, reports and
studies, databases, journals, statistics, legislation, directories and glossaries) and
miscellaneous other sources.
- European Union A to Z Index
- Index to the websites of the European Union's institutions and specialized agencies in Europe.
- Delegation of the
European Commission to Canada
- This site provides links to sources
of information on Canada - EU relations and initiatives and to general
information on the EU and its members.
News & Press Releases
- Provides EU news related to doing business in the European Union.
- Provides the latest EU related news.
- Updated news monitoring and policy reports.
- EU Press Room
Has the latest news and releases from the European Commission and the European Union and
a searchable archives back to 1985.
- Inside Europe:
Your guide to life inside the European Union
Background briefings on the headlines and links to news items on current European Union issues.
- The EURO
- A topical server that contains links to
official documents, publications, speeches, press releases and related
sites on the single currency.
- Debates of the European Parliament
Legislation and Legal Sources
- Essential European Union Law Websites
- From the European Commission Delegation in the United States.
- EUR-LEX -
European Union Law
- Provides access to the
full-text of the Official Journal of the EU, treaties, legislation,
case-law and legislative proposals.
- European Judicial Network in civil and commercial matters
- Contains information about EU Member States, Community law, European law, and various other aspects of civil and commercial law.
- European Union Law: An Integrated Guide to Electronic and Print Research
- Covers treaties, legislation, case law, periodical literature, and includes sources on the implementation of EU laws at the national level. Provides links to guides for proper citation of EU materials.
Catalogues and Indexes
European Commission Libraries Catalogue provides access to over 350,000
catalogue records in the domain of European affairs. Included are records and
links to Internet Resources in the broad area of European integration.
- EU Bookshop
- A catalogue and archive of all EU publications with free electronic full text and paper copies for sale.
- European Integration Current Contents
Provides access to the tables of contents of journals in areas of law, human rights, economics, history and political science. (Check the MUN Library Catalogue to access the journals identified in any search.) There is also a link to the full-text of the Jean Monnet Working Papers.
- European Central Bank (ECB) - Statistics
- Contains economic and financial data by Euro area.
addition to providing demographic, socio-economic and environmental
statistics, the site provides links to the national statistics offices of
EU countries, Eurostat Data Shops for assistance with data queries,
release dates for various statistical indicators, and information on
Eurostat and its objectives. Click on 'On-line Indicators' and 'EU
Indicators' for the statistical tables.
- Statistics Explained
- Provides easy access to Eurostat statistical information. Includes:
- encyclopedia of EU statistics
- portal to further information
- statistical glossary