Microform Viewing and Printing
The Health Sciences Library has a Microfilm ScanPro2000 (microfilm and microfiche) available for public use. It is located at the "hslscanner" computer station in the Commons area.
To View Microform
- Logon to the "hslscanner" computer workstation.
- Open PowerScan2000 on the desktop screen.
- Select tab that matches your microform.
- Pull out the loading tray on the ScanPro2000 unit to lift the top glass plate.
- To load microfilm: follow the diagrams on the load/uptake reels. The film goes between the top and bottom glass plates.
- To load microfiche: place the sheet between the top and bottom glass plates (usually with top of fiche facing towards you).
- Adjust the loading tray and/or advance the reel until the desired image is visible on the computer screen.
- Use the tab buttons (Home, Adjust, File, Setup) to adjust the image as needed. A printed guide is located on the desk.
- Use the computer mouse to navigate content viewing on the screen.
- Click on the File tab
- Click the Scan to Drive#1 to save the image in the My Scan folder located on the desktop. Click Scan to Drive#2 to save to USB key.
Memorial University is committed to ethical behaviour and integrity in all activities, including the use of copyright materials.