Tri-agency open access
The Tri-Agency Open Access Policy on Publications was released by NSERC, SSHRC and CIHR on February 27, 2015. The policy requires funded researchers to make their peer-reviewed journal publications openly accessible in a repository or journal within 12 months of publication.
Memorial Libraries can help you:
- Deposit your article in the Memorial University Research Repository
If you are involved with a journal and would like to move it online or transition to an OA model, ask us about hosting your journal on our Open Journal Systems platform. We currently host 14 peer-reviewed, open access publications.
FAQs on the policy
You may find answers to your questions in one of the following:
- brief FAQ from the Canadian Association of Research Libraries
- longer FAQ from the federal government
Research Repository – To submit your work, contact your library branch:
- Grenfell – Louise McGillis
- Health Sciences – Lindsay Alcock
- Marine Institute – Sharon Hewitt
- QEII Library – Martin Nolan
Open Access Authors Fund – To apply for funding, contact Erin Alcock.
Journal hosting – To discuss starting a journal or moving to the library’s OA platform, contact Wendy Rodgers.