Effective January 1st, 2020, copyright support services moved from the Centre for Innovation in Teaching and Learning to Memorial University Libraries.
Copyright can be tricky. We can help you:
- answer questions about copyright issues related to teaching and research
- determine whether what you want to do is permissible
- check permitted uses for online resources (e.g. licensing for journal articles, ebooks) and other library and archives' materials
- determine if the university's Fair Dealing Requirements apply
- make course materials available in our e-reserves system without infringing copyright
- We take care of all required copyright clearance, scanning and digitizing for you!
- understand your rights as an author
- provide guides to assist with teaching and research, where copyright issues apply:
- Images Guide - How to find images that can be used for free without permission
- Open Textbook Guide - that can be freely used, adapted, and distributed
- Open Access & Scholarly Communications - our initiatives that support OA research, teaching & learning in the digital world
We have Librarians and staff in all of our branches who are trained and knowledgeable about copyright available to assist you.