Effective January 1st, 2020, copyright support services moved from the Centre for Innovation in Teaching and Learning to Memorial University Libraries.
Copyright can be tricky. We can help you:
- answer questions about copyright issues related to teaching and research
- determine whether what you want to do is permissible
- check permitted uses for online resources (e.g. licensing for journal articles, ebooks) and other library and archives' materials
- determine if the university's Fair Dealing Requirements apply
- make course materials available in our Course Reserves system without infringing copyright
- We take care of all required copyright clearance, scanning and digitizing for you!
- understand your rights as an author
- provide guides to assist with teaching and research, where copyright issues apply:
- Images Guide - How to find images that can be used for free without permission
- Open Textbook Guide - that can be freely used, adapted, and distributed
- Open Access & Scholarly Communications - our initiatives that support open access research, teaching, and learning in the digital world
We have Librarians and staff in all of our branches who are trained and knowledgeable about copyright available to assist you.