On-Campus Study Spaces
UPDATE: In response to the provincial public health declaration of a level 2 COVID alert level, all individual, bookable on campus study space will re-open Monday, March 29.
A limited number of bookable, individual on-campus study spaces are available in the following locations: Queen Elizabeth II Library, Health Sciences Library, Education Library, Marine Institute and Grenfell Campus.
To book an individual study space, you must be a current Memorial University student and book online using your institutional email. Students will be required to complete a Daily Self-Assessment prior to coming to campus, check in with Campus Enforcement and Patrol (CEP) if required, adhere to all health and safety rules while on campus, and follow any instructions from CEP or library staff.
The province has mandated wearing non-medical masks in all public spaces. Minimum 2 ply face masks be worn at all times while in the study space, but 3 ply is strongly recommended. If you require accommodation to visit campus without wearing a mask, please contact: email@example.com or on the Grenfell Campus, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printing and Computing Services:
- QEII: The Commons has 10 spaces with access to computing and printing services.
- The Rotunda: Has 7 computers available for grad students only.
- Health Sciences: Has wireless printing, 8 spaces with access to computing and printing services, and has photocopying available.
- Marine Institute: Has 8 spaces with access to computing and printing services for MI students only.
- Grenfell Campus: Students can add money to their print accounts online, and print over our WiFi using PrinterOn. There is a printer/photocopier/scanner in the study space. Students can visit the ITS Help Desk in Room AS373 in-person Monday-Friday: 9:00am-4:00pm, phone 639-2049 or email: email@example.com.
Bookable time slots, allowing for sanitizing between bookings, will be available at the times and locations listed below. Students can book up to 14 days in advance.
Queen Elizabeth II Library (Book online)
20 individual study carrels. 10 computers in the Commons.
Grad Study Space: The Rotunda (book online)
10 individual grad student study spaces. Booking requests must be submitted 24 hours in advance. It is accessed by swiping your MUN ID Card once it has been activated by CEP. Please ensure you have received a follow up email confirming your booking request.
11 individual study carrels
Monday to Thursday: 11:00am-3:00pm and 4:00pm-8:00pm
33 individual study carrels. 8 computers.
Entrance: Students permitted access to the Health Sciences Centre may enter through the internal library entrance. All other students, please use the Emergency Exit doors located at the South entrance of the Health Sciences Centre. Use the road by the bridge nearest the new Animal Research Centre and proceed past parking lot 9H.
Education Library (Book online)
29 individual study carrels
Monday to Friday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
Marine Institute (Book online)
15 individual study spaces, 8 computers only available to Marine Institute students.
Monday to Friday: 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00-4:00pm