DVD & Streaming
We have over 1000 DVDs and some VHS films. All films are available for faculty, staff, students, alumni, and guest users to borrow for 2 week loan.
- Browse our Subject Lists or use OneSearch to look up specific titles
- Check out new additions to our DVD collection on flickr
Need a film for a course?
To place a film on reserve for a course, please contact the library. If we don't have the film you're looking for, contact us to request a purchase. We will try to purchase the streaming version when possible. We are also able to digitize DVDs for e-reserve for courses.
Streaming Film Collections
- Academic Video Online
- Campus: Canada's leading online educational resource
- Dance in Video
- Ethnographic Video Online
- National Gallery of Art
- Opera in Video
- Theatre in Video
- The new Copyright Modernization Act expanded the Educational Exemptions to include playing films in the classroom. The act states "29.5 It is not an infringement of copyright for an educational institution or a person acting under its authority to do the following acts if they are done on the premises of an educational institution for educational or training purposes and not for profit, before an audience consisting primarily of students of the educational institution, instructors acting under the authority of the educational institution or any person who is directly responsible for setting a curriculum for the educational institution: (d) the performance in public of a cinematographic work, as long as the work is not an infringing copy or the person responsible for the performance has no reasonable grounds to believe that it is an infringing copy."
- Under the Educational Exemption, in order to play a film "in public", the following criteria apply:
- played on the Grenfell Campus
- for educational or training purpose
- not for profit (e.g. no admission charged)
- audience of primarily Grenfell students, instructors, or anyone directly responsible for setting curriculum
- must be a non-infringing copy (e.g. lawfully obtained copy purchased by the instructor or unit, borrowed from a library, or rented)
- If you have any questions please contact your Copyright Liaison Librarian.