The Health Sciences Library has an Epson scanner available for public use. It is located at the "hslscanner" computer station in the Commons area.
It is recommended that you use the EPSON Scan software (instructions below) to scan your documents. ScanSoft PaperPort software is also available (open PaperPort by double-clicking the PaperPort icon on the Desktop, then follow the How To Guides).
Scans may be made using either the flatbed (maximum page size is 8.5" X 11") or the single pass automatic document feeder (maximum page size is 8.5" X 14"). The automatic document feeder (ADF) will scan a double-sided sheet.
- Log on to the "hslscanner" computer workstation.
- Place your document on the scanner flatbed (for a single sheet or image) or in the automatic document feeder (for multiple or double-sided sheets).
- Double-click the EPSON Scan software icon located on the Desktop.
- Select Document Source: Document Table (i.e., flatbed); ADF-Single-sided; ADF-Double-sided; Auto Detect.
- Select Size: Letter (8.5" X 11"); Legal (8.5" X 14").
- Click the drop-down arrow beside the Scan button to set the image format and the location where the file will be saved. Choose from Image Format: JPG, TIFF, PDF. The default save location is the Desktop.
- Click OK.
- Click Scan.
- You will be given the option to Add Page; Edit Page; Save File.
- When you save the file, the EPSON Scan software should open the folder where the file was saved. You can save the file elsewhere, email it as an attachment, or print it.
Memorial University is committed to ethical behaviour and integrity in all activities, including the use of copyright materials.