How Long it Takes
This depends on a number of factors, such as whether the supplier is a library or a commercial vendor, and how it is delivered (Canada Post, courier, fax, email).
- Journal Article: 2 days to 2 weeks
- Books or theses
- from a Canadian library: 1 to 4 weeks
- from a U.S. library: 4 to 8 weeks
- from a library outside North America: 3 months or longer
When it Arrives
Articles, book chapters, and conference papers:
- We will email you a link to a PDF. The link can only be clicked once, so print or save the document right away. If you need the link re-sent, contact us.
- You may also request alternative delivery methods on the request form, including fax, pick-up, and campus mail.
All other items:
We will email to ask you to pick it up at the Circulation Desk. We will phone you if you do not have an email address.
Loan Period & Renewals
The loan period for borrowed items is generally 1-2 weeks from the date of arrival in the library.
Renewals may be granted in exceptional cases. To request a renewal, please notify staff at least 3 days before the due date.
Books must be returned in person to the circulation desk or put in the circulation slot after hours. Books cannot be returned to the QEII Library via campus mail.