DistancePlus: Mail Delivery Service
While the university teaches remotely, we are offering a Canada-wide mail delivery service. Before processing a mail delivery request, we will contact you via your institutional email address. Depending on your format preference (i.e. ebook vs print) and timeframe, we may purchase the item as an eBook, or digitize portions permissible under the Canadian Copyright Act, and Librarians may work with students to determine if alternate online sources could be suitable
Please be advised that shipping times are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and are longer than normal. Depending on where you are located, it may take weeks for items to arrive and our Contact-less Pickup service will provide a much faster option. If you require immediate assistance, please contact us, and Librarians will assist you with locating suitable online resources.
All current students, faculty and staff may qualify for our mail delivery service if:
- they currently reside in Canada
- they are more than a 45-minute drive from our Corner Brook and St. John’s campuses, and/or are unable to come to campus for Contact-less Pickup of library materials
- the library does not have an online version or is unable to obtain an online version
- they require more than a single chapter or 10% of a book
- no alternative online sources are suitable
To request mail delivery
- Log in to OneSearch to find the physical item or items you need. Click on "Request".
- If you require mail delivery, please select “DistancePlus” as your pick-up location.
- Please ensure that your address is updated in “Self-service” at my.mun.ca
- Faculty, staff and retirees: Please update your T4 address
- Students: Please update your “Permanent residence address” or “Online Learning address”
- We may contact you via your institutional email to confirm your mailing address and to obtain additional information about your request.
- You will be sent a return envelope with pre-paid return shipping so that you can mail the item back to the library when it is due, or if it’s recalled by another library user.