Returns and Fines
If you are unable to renew, or receive a notice that you need to return items, please don’t panic. We understand that given the current context, there may be some challenges returning your materials. Please contact us if you need to make alternate arrangements.
Depending on where you are located, there are many different ways to return items:
- Book return bins located at the following locations:
- the QEII Library main entrancebook return
- Grenfell Campus Library & Computing Building main entrance
- Marine Institute main entrance
- MUN Med main entrance
- Door 6 of the G.A. Hickman Building (entrance facing the QEII)
- Door 5 of the School of Music
- any branch of Newfoundland and Labrador Public Libraries that are open for curbside pickup. Our friends at the public library will ensure we get the material back.
- any college or university library in Atlantic Canada that is a CAUL-CBUA member.
If you are outside Atlantic Canada, or not located near a CAUL-CBUA library, please contact us. Within Canada, we are using Purolator to ship materials back to us at no cost to you. For the St. John's Campuses, please contact Rob Ball firstname.lastname@example.org and on the Grenfell Campus please contact email@example.com to arrange return shipping.
If you are located outside Canada, please contact the library that owns the material.
If an item has been recalled for another user you will receive an email in your MUN account with a revised due date. Please return the item by this date, or email the owning library for assistance, to avoid incurring any fines.
Fines will normally be charged as follows, but will be assessed on a case-by-case basis while the University teaches remotely:
- Overdue Recalls: $2.00/day
Items that are overdue 4 weeks or more will be considered lost and your account may be suspended. You will be notified via an email to your MUN account that a fine of $150 per item has been placed on your account. The final amount owing for replacement of the item(s) will be determined by the owning library. Please contact the branch owning the item(s) to get your account in good standing again.